Propane Facts and Fiction

Propane: Facts & Fiction

Looking to learn more propane facts? Educating yourself about the truths and rumors of propane gas can help you decide if this is right for you, your home, or your business. The fictitious rumors about propane can be a nightmare, so we are here to set the record straight! If you have additional questions about this rising energy source, contact Keystone Propane!

 

Let’s start with FICTION about propane:

  • Propane is not safe –  False! Propane systems are just as safe as using other heating systems. If liquid propane leaks, it vaporizes in the air. Keystone Propane can show you what to do in case you suspect a propane leak in your home or business.
  • Propane is not cost-efficient – False! When deciding which energy source to choose, it’s always important to take a comprehensive view when choosing. Take into consideration all expenses involved including the cost of the product, maintenance, and life of the product, amongst many other circumstances. When looking you’ll find that propane is the most cost-effective choice for many applications.
  • Propane heats slower than most other fuels – False! Propane actually has a warmer heating point than most electric systems. This allows it to be an efficient source of heat for your home or office. A propane furnace can heat the room up to around 140 degrees when an electric heat pump produces heat below 98 degrees.

 

And now the propane FACTS:

  • Propane is mainly domestically produced – Nearly 90% of the U.S. propane supply is produced in the United States. And nearly three-quarters of the remaining 10% is produced in North America (Canada or Mexico).
  • Propane is clean & safe for the environment – Did you know he 1990 Clean Air Act lists propane as an approved clean fuel? When you use propane over other fuels, you’re reducing greenhouse gas, carbon dioxide, and other air pollutants such as carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxide to get into the air. Propane also does not spill, pool, or leave residues which makes it harmless to soil or water if it leaks.
  • Propane is affordable and efficient – Compared to other energy sources, propane is generally cheaper. Propane’s average price stays customer-friendly and low because of its non-stop growth. Propane can also help you dry clothes quicker, cook faster, and heat your home more efficiently. Running your heating system efficiently is of course the best way to save money. The strength propane comes with running much warmer and at the fraction of the cost of a heating system that runs on electricity. 

 

We hope this helps you decide on which source of electricity or heat is best for your home and/or business. Keystone Propane is here to help every step of the way when it comes to choosing the right method of propane heat or electricity for your area. Contact us today to learn more about propane!

Subscribe to our newsletter