Preparing Your Home for Propane Delivery
With cold weather upon us, propane delivery becomes more frequent, but can also be more dangerous for our team. Things like ice, snow, etc. can be dangerous for anyone when trying to access your propane valve. At Keystone Propane, our dedicated team ensures getting your fuel to you while battling the worst weather conditions, but we can’t do it without your help!
Here are a few steps you can take to help us get to your propane valve successfully, efficiently, and most of all, safely.
- Make sure access is open. If our delivery crew needs to enter through a gate to reach and fill your propane tank, please make sure the gate is unlocked, or that someone is there to let our team in.
- Secure your pets. We want the best for our team and your beloved pets! Please make sure that they are kept secure and unable to escape or get in the way of your propane delivery!
- Be Accessible. If our crew should need you in case of an emergency or have questions, please be around or available for a quick phone call so that we can resolve the issue quickly.
- Shovel and de-ice your driveway. If our team needs to enter your driveway to fill your propane tank, please be sure to clean any snow and throw some salt down to de-ice the area. Also, remember that our fuel trucks are much wider than your car, so please clean accordingly.
- Clear a path to your propane valve. This is the most important tip of all! Branches, overgrown plants, and snow can block the path to your propane tank. This makes filling your tank extremely difficult. If possible, try to keep at least an 18-inch wide path to your tank clear so our crew can reach it easily and safely.
- Mark your fill valve. It’s very helpful for our team if you place a flag near the fill valve that is tall enough to be seen in deep snow. This way they can judge the path they’ll need to take to the valve upon arrival.
As you can see, it’s important to help us help you this season when scheduling your propane refill. We wish you a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season from Keystone Propane! Call us today or schedule your delivery on our mobile app.